Desktop Test System
IOMeter - 4K Random Performance with QD
Starting with Random read performance, we found the Archive HDD to perform just as well as the 4TB Desktop HDD and in some cases at higher queue depths a bit better. Peak performance was obtained at QD32 at 456 IOPS.
Write throughput first showed burst performance with the drive's cache allowing 3500 and 2710 IOPS in QD1 and 2 after which performance slowed to an average of 100 IOPS through the rest of testing.
Random read latency too was similar to the Desktop HDD where we initially started at 7.3Ms eventually peaking at 70 Ms at QD32.
With the cache at full speed at QD1 and 2, results were off the chart coming back into play at QD4 at 44 Ms. Peak latency was seen at QD32 at 270 Ms.
PRICING: You can find the Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD retails for $260.95 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD retails for £184.99 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit