ASUS is one of the leading motherboard manufacturers in the world; focused on high-end performance motherboards, ASUS does great with Intel's high performance desktop platform. The X99 chipset is Intel's leading high performance consumer platform, and ASUS is bringing their A-game to the market with a wide selection of X99 chipset motherboards. Today, I take a look at one of their mid-range X99 motherboards, the X99-PRO. While it's a mid-range board in ASUS's lineup, compared to most other X99 motherboards, it's a high-end offering.
ASUS decided to break out of the gate quickly with X99, providing some unique features such as the ASUS OC Socket, which offers the ability to greatly improve cache overclocking, and even helps when it comes to memory overclocking. ASUS's X99 motherboards have a sleek white theme which is much different than previous color themes, yet at the same time is very chic.
The X99-PRO has a lot of features one would expect from an X99 motherboard, including M.2 (with 4x PCI-E 3.0), SATA Express, a bunch of USB 3.0 ports, AC WIFI/BT 4.0, and an interesting PCI-E layout. The board supports 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX with both 40 and 28 lane CPUs when you don't use the M.2 slot.
The ASUS X99-PRO is currently $315 on Newegg, which puts it in the mid to high range when it comes to Intel X99-based motherboard prices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-PRO]
- Page 3 [X99-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media