I've been a long time user of in-ear devices when making short trips, working out at the gym, or travelling abroad. Although some prefer the over-ear experience, I feel that the (generally provided) higher quality of sound in-ear devices coupled with the passive noise cancellation due to them being located within your ear to be a great positive.
There's always some issues, mainly based around comfort, but also when you're thinking about ease of use (do they fall out of your ears?) and also their looks (do they actually look good?).
These earphones are NFC and Bluetooth only which is something new for me and slightly worrying at first as I like to use my headphones on my 20 minute walk to and from University alongside the 45 minute return train ride and quite often during a four-hour study session. Will they stand up to my tests? Read on to find out.
Complete with NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 coupled with an APTX codec, you'll find that this product also contains a built-in microphone and hands-free functionalities located within a little rubber in-line control unit.
These earphones are charged by a micro-USB input and offer you five hours of music playback with an approximate two-hour charging time. Unfortunately, iClever's website and user manual are both completely devoid of speaker specifications, so I'll have to explain it in relation to other units I have tested.
Pricing & Availability
It's not the cheapest set of earphones on the market, however, for $56.99 on Amazon, it's not that bad either.
What's in the box?
Providing you with a few 'stabilizers', three sized rubber ear grommets, a micro-USB cable, and a user manual, this package is almost everything you would come to expect from a product placed in this price range.
The reason I say "almost" is due to the fact that it's missing a carry pouch or case - something that I believe to be almost a necessity in this day and age of peripheral manufacturing and something that other companies offer regularly. For around this price, I expect a protective transportation pouch to be included and I am a little disappointed that it isn't.
PRICING: You can find the iClever IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports Headphones with Microphone for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look, How They Feel & Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series