Packaging and the Board
The box opens up so you can actually see the board through a window. Inside, the board is securely packaged in a box.
Included accessories include; 6x SATA6G cables, 2-Way SLI and CrossFireX Bridges, two different 3-Way SLI Bridges, a 4-Way SLI bridge, 1x lighted IO shield, 1x WIFI/BT Antenna, 1x driver DVD, manuals, and case stickers. GIGABYTE also provides a cable which gives you the ability to combine multiple 8-pin CPU power connectors so that you can avoid OCP on many PSUs.
I have highlighted the fan headers and system temperature sensors on the board. The red themed X99-Gaming G1 WIFI has a nice design and pleasing aesthetics, especially if you fancy red. Out of all the circuitry, the part that pops out the most is the audio section which I will cover more in depth later. The back of the board doesn't have much more than some LEDs for the PCB divide for the audio, and a piece of metal that helps support the heat sink (it is kind of useless).
The back panel IO features a 2x 1GBit NICs, 8x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports DAC-UP, PS/2 keyboard and mouse, OC button, fast boot button, clear CMOS button, WIFI and BT4 antenna connectors, and a 7.1 TOSLINK for audio with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout on this motherboard is optimized for multi-GPU configurations. All the PCI-E bandwidth from the CPU reaches the slots, and does so almost without delay. The third and fourth slots are hard wired 16X/8X. The first slot has its first 8X hard wired to the CPU, and the second 8X can be shared with the second PCI-E slot if needed. You can run 3-Way in multiple configurations, especially when you have a 28-lane CPU installed, and that is why GIGABYTE provides two 3-way SLI bridge offering different slot spacing.
The audio setup on this board is one of the most customizable I have seen. The ability to replace the amplifier is a really cool feature, and while most won't utilize it, it still provides upgradability. The gold cover on the Creative Core3Di is also a nice touch, and actually contrasts well with the green Nichicon audio capacitors.
GIGABYTE equipped the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI with 10 SATA ports, two of which are shared with the SATA Express and M.2 ports. You will also notice an extra SATA power receptacle which is for extra PCI-E power for 4-way multi-GPU setups.
The WIFI/BT module is already installed on the motherboard and sits in a M.2 slot. Above the included wireless card is a slot for much larger M.2 drives.
These are the OC features the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI carries, I was very happy to see these and the POST code display, as I feel the POST code display is a requirement for any board over $300.
The VRM is made up of 8 phases, and it's actually the same as the VRM on the X99-SOC Force and X99-SOC Champion. I will cover this in detail in the next section.
The heat sink is one solid piece and most of it is extra metal to hold heat from the PCH or VRM. The heat sink uses screws and makes good contact with components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming G1 WIFI Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Secretlab's 2020 series raises the gaming chair bar, AGAIN
- Mighty Quest For Epic Loot app pre-orders now available
- League of Legends to go mobile, creation already under way
- Game of Thrones writer poached for Lord of the Rings TV show
- Fully mobile Steam Chat messaging app available for download
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- PNY Elite 512GB microSD Review
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!
- Fool! - Jest your way from obscurity to royal acclaim!
- Captain Hector Barbossa's Shade Joins the Caribbean
- Acer Announces new Nitro 5 and Swift 3 Notebooks Powered by 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors
- Global Mobile ESports Event, Summoners War World Arena Championship, Held For 3rd Consecutive Year!
- A Perpetual Age Of Darkness Looms As Human Head Studios Announces Viking Action RPG Rune II To Launch Summer 2019