As the summary states, Sentey is new in the mainstream peripheral market and has a difficult mission on their hands - can they stand up to the big names already in the business?
In this review, we will be comparing this 7.1 digital surround sound headset with other companies' offerings, including the previously-reviewed CM Storm Ceres 500. One major thing that this headset has going for it is the low price point of $29.99 and the fact that it's providing you with a whole 7.1 experience - what about the rest?
Providing you with 7.1 digital surround-sound through the use of an inbuilt USB sound card, the 40mm drivers on offer push out a sensitivity of 98 +- 3 dB while the product weighs in at only 258g.
Sentey has provided a great cable length of 9.8 feet which sees the USB 2.0 connection help push out the impedance of 32 Ohms and a frequency response of 12 ~ 25KHz. The ear cups are made of synthetic leather and the headband is adjustable through many different stages. There's also the in-line volume and microphone control box included which is lit up with red LEDs as seen with the actual product itself.
The microphone has its own sensitivity of -38 +- 3dB and nominal impedance of 2.2 kO which all runs through the USB PC input.
Pricing & Availability
The Sentey Symph is extremely cheap at only $29.99 when priced on Amazon, seeing it fall in a category too low for free shipping - it's the cheapest headset we have reviewed to date.
What's in the box?
Featuring a handy user manual, driver CD, and apparently a carry-bag, this headset comes with everything that you need for your peripheral.
The reason I say 'apparently' when I mentioned the carry bag is that it is listed online as being included with the product, but my sample did not include this option for reasons unknown to me.
What is great about this product is the Velcro tie that neatens and helps you coil the extremely long cable. This is something that Tt eSPORTS has been doing for some time with their products, but it seems other companies have not yet joined on to the idea.
The driver CD is recommended as if you have slow internet like we do here in Australia, the 62.5mb download may cause you an extended wait.
PRICING: You can find the Sentey Symph SP GS-4531 Elite Gamer Series Headset for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sentey Symph SP GS-4531 Elite Gamer Series Headset retails for $29.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look, How They Feel and Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit