Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Of course, Thermaltake and their eSports team need no real introduction, as anyone who pays attention to the market knows that they are all about delivering great products, and are constantly offering newer and better ways to deliver their products to the market. Along with what seems like a never ending list of cases, power supplies, and coolers... let's just say they have almost everything, and in just about any way you want it. In their pursuit to constantly evolve as a company, from time to time they will also refresh an older series, rather than create new ones, and today is one of those days.
The CHALLENGER series of keyboards is nothing new for the Tt eSPORTS team, as there have been five iterations of this basic design previous to their latest design. The basic concept throughout the series has been to deliver a rubber dome keyboard at an affordable price point, while still being different than the masses, and changing up the feature sets along the way. With that said, they took another crack at the series, and have offered the newest iteration up for our opinion.
This latest incarnation of the CHALLENGER series brings us the Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime. All of CHALLENGER series keyboards are membrane based, are stylized angularly, and all have thin profile framing culminating in a unique, yet light and easy to use device. There have been various feature sets employed in different models, and at this point, the CHALLENGER series of keyboards likely has the best feature set to date of any of the previous designs. Just how affordable this CHALLENGER Prime is will also shock you a bit. While we always advise that you read the full review prior to any purchases, we can assure you that value is one thing you do not have to ponder in the slightest here.
The CHALLENGER Prime is designed with all black used for the key caps and the frame, and the frame features a mix of textures used to highlight certain bits, and also to provide grip and aesthetics. Jumping right into the Macro ability, we find six T-keys that can be populated over three M-key profiles, so eighteen Macros can be live on the board at any one time. Yes, there is software, and while there is a USB connection, it is not a gold plated one.
In the middle of the chart, they cover the membrane switches, and note that the fan has been removed from this iteration. There is a bit of anti-ghosting where it will read up to eight keys simultaneously, even with the 1ms polling rate. We also see the CHALLENGER Prime is backlit, but only in three color options; there is also a wrist rest, but it is built into the keyboard, and is not detachable.
Nearer to the bottom of the list, we find there are no extra audio jacks, there isn't any smart cable management, and the USB cable is not removable, but there are nine multimedia keys offered at the top edge of the board. We also see there isn't an extra USB port, but there is a ten-million click lifespan, which is twice as much as most mechanical offerings. The USB 2.0 cable is slightly shorter at only 1.5 meters in length. Lastly, we are given the CHALLENGER Prime's dimensions, and the mention of the LED brightness dial found at the top.
On top of everything else this design offers to the masses, when it comes to locating these keyboards, pickings are slim at the moment, but we were still able to locate them. If you start at the Tt eSPORTS page, we find the MSRP had been set to a mere $29.99. As we shopped around, we found Amazon and Newegg are both delivering the CHALLENGER Prime to your door at that price. Keep an eye on the Amazon offerings though; since it is an open market place now, we did find listings for this keyboard at nearly $40 as well, so just be sure to get the best deal available. At just $30, how could you go wrong?
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake eSports CHALLENGER Prime for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The CHALLENGER Prime retails for $40.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner