Inside the Phenom Mini-ITX Continued
We are now looking at the motherboard tray. The standoffs come in the tray, and where there isn't motherboard, they trimmed it down at the front, and left it expanded near the back. They also rolled the steel inward, and this offers a safe place to run wiring on either side. The front edge of this tray is drilled to allow a pair of 2.5" drives to reside there as well, so we are up to eight now.
Below the motherboard tray, we find the floor to be very well ventilated with the large honeycomb pattern cut into the steel. We also find there are four rubber pads to help support short PSUs, and we strongly suggest along with being compact, they should also be modular.
Inside the rear of the chassis we see the expansion slots are even with the back, allowing for just a simple cutout to hold the I/O shield. We also see that there is a 120mm fan installed in the back, and both this fan and the front fan use three-pin connections for power.
With everything pretty much gone from the chassis now, as we look in from the right side, we find the tray is shaped to match the opposing side. The gears are turning as to the amount of components you can install where the drives used to be.
Inside of the right door panel, we find a thick plastic rack installed. We find this rack to be capable of holding another pair of 2.5" drives with the PCB of the front I/O just in front of it.
The black sleeved and ribbons of wire coming from the I/O panel terminate in the AC'97 and HD audio at the left, the HDD LED, PWR LED, power and reset button connections, and the native USB 3.0 connection to the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- Marvel writer hired for Netflix's Witcher show
- Secretlab temporarily slash $191 off TITAN Temp gaming chair
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series