BitFenix Shadow Mid-Tower Chassis
The front bezel is extended outward in the middle, and is angular on both sides, all of which gets the SofTouch coating. The bulk of the door is plain, but there are vents to the sides, just below the logo centered in the door.
Swinging the door to the left, we see two little magnetic catches to help keep the door closed. The front of the chassis has three bay covers made of mesh, and the larger mesh section covers the intake fans, and is removable for cleaning.
The top of the chassis is just an expanse of black steel with a textured finish. The Shadow holds its front I/O panel where the bezel meets the front of the chassis.
In the panel, we find the power LED, and HDD LED placed above the 3.5mm audio jacks to the left. Moving right, we see a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and a pair of USB 2.0 ports. Things finish up here with a color swap button, the LED power button, the chassis power button, and the tiny rest button.
The left side of the chassis doesn't have much more to see than an expanse of painted steel, and the lines where the top, front, and bottom of the chassis meet up with it.
The back starts with the exhaust fan and rear I/O at the top, and just below that is a pair of holes to allow for water tubing to pass through. Moving down, we find seven expansion slots that are accessible from outside of the chassis, leaving the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The right side of the chassis is identical to the other side, just completely reversed. We also see that there is no raised section, so wire management may be tight behind the motherboard tray.
Under the chassis, we see four hard rubber feet to support the chassis, but these do allow the case to slide around a fair amount on smooth surfaces. There is ventilation to the left for the PSU and an optional fan, and between the front feet are the screw holes to mount a 2.5" drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Shadow Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Shadow]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit