Inside the MAX Keyboard Blackbird TKL
Once the Blackbird is torn apart, the bright red PCB was something unexpected. Not only pleasing to look at, all of the LED and switch solder points are done cleanly, and all flux and residue is cleaned from the PCB.
The USB 2.0, two port hub, is controlled by the Genesys Logic GL850G. The high speed controller offers high speed traffic, and runs on a RISK-like 8-bit microprocessor on die with a performance rating of 6 MIPS at 12MHz.
This is the ELAN EM78F644N microprocessor and flash memory. This is the IC that drives the abilities and features that the keyboard offers and is also where the custom lighting profile is saved when set.
This Cypress Cy7C63413C-PVXC is yet another USB 2.0 controller, but this time, for the keyboard switches, where that Genesys IC was specifically for the hub. This IC is also 8-bit and also runs at 12 MHz.
The Texas Instruments TLC59282 IC is the 16-channel constant current LED driver. This is capable of running 45 mA per channel, and offers a max voltage of 17V for this drive IC to push.
Reassembly of the Blackbird is fairly simple and once together we powered it on and set the LEDs to their brightest setting. Across most of the keys the lighting my look white, but a glance to the right or left side shows the blue more clearly.
We then went ahead and turned on the side panel lighting. As you can see the entire panel glows with the blue lighting that is derived from a single LED at the back edge of these side panels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution