Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS, you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
At the heart of the system is an Intel dual-core processor running at 2.3GHz and backed by 4GB of ECC DDR III DRAM. In the 8-bay rackmount NAS market, we usually see systems ship with only 2GB of DRAM, so Seagate raised the bar over the ordinary in this area as well.
The biggest hardware feature for the Business Storage NAS though, is density in the 1U form factor. Eight 3.5" HDDs in a 1U doubles the density of typical 1U servers. Another way to look at the Business Storage NAS is it reduces the number of rackmount units to hold eight HDDs, whichever way, up to 32GB of data can be held in a 1U form factor and that's what makes this product unique.
It shouldn't come as a surprise that we found Seagate hard drives in the system. Seagate ships five product SKUs, each with different capacity. Inside our STDP32000100, we found Seagate ES.3 4TB HDDs. The ES product line has a history of high reliability and strong performance. We still have several original ES series drives in operation today at my office location. Not all hard drives are built the same way and Seagate chose to use true enterprise Nearline HDDs instead of tweaked consumer HDDs.
Primary connectivity comes from dual gigabit Ethernet ports that can run on two separate networks or in 802.3ad link agg mode for increased performance or failover. Redundant features don't stop with the network connections, Seagate chose to include dual hot-swappable power supplies and three hot-swappable internal fans.
For the system administrator, Seagate provides a turnkey solution that's ready to install and go to work for your company. Sliding rails are included in the package with the hard drives and power cords; and the system is ready to accept data within ten minutes of turning the system on.
With Google Shopping we found the STDP32000100 (32TB model) for as low as $4,500, but prices ranged from e-tailers all the way up to nearly $5,100 for the same model. The 8TB model was online for as low as $2,919. Looking at the price scale as capacity increases, each product step increases the cost between $300 and $400 in most cases. All capacity sizes ship with a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 5 [Seagate Business Storage NAS]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms