It has been some time that has passed since we were last in touch with BeQuiet. In fact, it has been since I sat down with them at CES, but at that point, there was only talk of something new around the corner. Well here we are some nine months later and their new cooler has finally made it to the market, and we were given one to test. The odd thing about this design, is that while in most instances of a new cooler releasing with a name that everyone knows, in this instance it is Shadow Rock, where there isn't an obvious resemblance to its predecessor's design. Today we are dealing with a scenario where the latest addition looks nothing like the original.
The original Shadow Rock cooler had for heat pipes, offered some saw tooth designed fins, but was just a slightly thicker regular tower cooler. After that, the Shadow Rock name was applied to a C-Style cooler called the Top Flow. The one thing that does hold all three designs together is that they all came from BeQuiet, and that means from my experience, that while they may not look the same, they were barely audible under any condition inside of their customer's machines.
The latest cooler to hit our labs also carries the Shadow Rock moniker, but this time is called the Shadow Rock 2. While you might expect a revisit to the original design, what we are no getting is a much, much larger cooler first of all. Now the fin body is square, you can cool it from all sides, it has a fancy aluminum top plate, and again, this cooler is designed to be silent first, with everything else falling into place behind it to deliver a CPU cooler that by the looks of it, should easily be able to handle what we are about to throw at it.
Stick around for the results, as where this cooler finishes may just be a bit of a shock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top