PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing
For a complete breakdown on the Drives with Data Testing please read this article. You will be able to perform this test at home with the files provided in the article - full instructions are included.
- Brief Methodology
SSDs perform differently when used for a period of time and when data is already present on the drive. The purpose of the Drives with Data testing is to show how a drive performs in these 'dirty' states. SSDs also need time to recover, either with TRIM or onboard garbage collection methods.
Drives with Data Testing - 25%, 50%, 75% Full States and Dirty / Empty Test
Files needed for 60 (64GB), 120 (128GB), 240 (256GB)
60GB Fill - 15GB, 30GB, 45GB
120GB Fill - 30GB, 60GB, 90GB
240GB Fill - 60GB, 120GB, 160GB
Empty but Dirty - a test run just after the fill tests and shows if a drive needs time to recover or if performance is instantly restored.
Another area we like to talk about is performance when data is on the drive. It may seem simple, but some benchmark tools will not allow the test to run with data on the drive. SSDs slow when you start adding data to them. Items like your operating system, Office and other programs are robbing you of performance. Without the data, what would you need an SSD for?
The 840 EVO actually outperforms the 840 PRO in this test at 50% of capacity filled with data. And the EVO 750GB actually does better than any other large capacity SSD we've tested. When you enable RAPID Mode, the 50% full performance increases slightly too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- AMD rumored to be preparing Polaris 30 on 12nm tech: RX 680?
- Two amazing Castlevania classics coming to PS4
- Witcher TV show's screenplay is finished
- Red Dead Redemption 2's horses are dynamic and realistic
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam