Power Draw Tests
Power draw numbers on the new platform are excellent. Idle numbers at stock and overclocked are lower than any of our other setups. The same goes for load numbers at stock speed.
It's only when we overclock that we see it jump up, but mid 300 watt is an extremely impressive number considering the performance on offer from these new Haswell parts.
Out of the box the i7 4770K runs a bit warmer than the i7 3770K when it comes to load numbers. Looking above you can see those idle numbers are up a bit more, sitting just a little lower than the i7 3970X Extreme Edition.
Overclocking, though, you can see jumps up into the 90c range, which was quite common with the 3770K as well.
We had hoped that it would've been a little lower. Saying that, performance was rock solid at all times and we never experienced any issues.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Haswell Processors]
- Page 3 [Intel Z87 Chipset]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 6 [AIDA64]
- Page 7 [PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 8 [CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 9 [3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit