Power Draw Tests
Power draw numbers on the new platform are excellent. Idle numbers at stock and overclocked are lower than any of our other setups. The same goes for load numbers at stock speed.
It's only when we overclock that we see it jump up, but mid 300 watt is an extremely impressive number considering the performance on offer from these new Haswell parts.
Out of the box the i7 4770K runs a bit warmer than the i7 3770K when it comes to load numbers. Looking above you can see those idle numbers are up a bit more, sitting just a little lower than the i7 3970X Extreme Edition.
Overclocking, though, you can see jumps up into the 90c range, which was quite common with the 3770K as well.
We had hoped that it would've been a little lower. Saying that, performance was rock solid at all times and we never experienced any issues.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Haswell Processors]
- Page 3 [Intel Z87 Chipset]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 6 [AIDA64]
- Page 7 [PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 8 [CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 9 [3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard