Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
I find myself legitimately surprised with what BIOSTAR has put together here today. For $149.99 this is a really strong motherboard board that performs better than expected - especially when it comes to the overclocking side of things, which saw some really amazing performance, that put it ahead of a lot of boards priced at a similar level or even some priced at a higher level.
I think the next thing we need to do is cover the audio side of things since it's of course such a big part of the board. Using the Corsair SP-2500 speakers, audio performance was strong. Stronger than the performance I see out of the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 I use which uses the Creative CA0132 chip? Probably not, but this is a board that costs $100 more than the BIOSTAR offering.
It feels like the board would shine in the situation where someone is looking for a HTPC based on an ATX motherboard that doesn't want to break the bank and is able to offer strong performance. Is the board going to provide better audio than others that come in at the mid-$100 range? Well, we wouldn't doubt that for a second.
The calibration software as well is something that is going to come in handy for someone wanting to setup a home theater PC and have the multi-channel audio setup running as finely tuned as possible. From an audio perspective this is a strong board. You can't forget, though, that for $149.99, you're not just getting an audio product, though, you're getting a full motherboard.
Moving away from the audio side of things and going over everything else, like we said at the start here, we've ultimately got a strong performing board that performed better than we thought when it came to overclocking. Pricing comes in strong, the features are great and performance is overall really strong. We're a little short in the bundle, but again at this price point, we're not expecting a large bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit