Inside the Node 304
As you remove the four thumbscrews in the back, the top and sides slide back as one piece, and then you can lift it off the top of the chassis. The first things you see inside are these three modular racks for storage drives. They hold the drives inside of the metal frame and are set up to accept 2.5" and 3.5" drives.
Looking in from the left side, you see all of the wiring bundled on the floor as well as the fan controller wiring hanging from the top. Something else to notice is that the top support bar is screwed into place and can be removed to help fit things inside.
Looking in from the right side of the Node 304 shows you the PSU mounting bracket on the left. This is where you are to install the power supply, and you can make the connection to the back with the included power adapter.
The front of the chassis, once the drive racks are removed, can be seen to hold a pair of 92mm fans that for the most part will keep the drives cool, and if you don't fill all six bays, you will have an ample supply of air to the CPU cooler and components.
Just behind the holes in the floor for the PSU is the Mini-ITX motherboard tray. In the back of the chassis is the 140mm fan, a different look at the fan controller, and you can see you need to remove the small panel from the outside to remove the expansion slot covers.
The wiring supplied with the Node 304 is all black and matches the interior well. There is quite a bit of extra length for this chassis in this wiring, and to keep the inside of the chassis looking tidy and clean, there are lots of tie points provided, but you may need to get creative with the extra wiring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series