High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Getting into some AA / AF tests we can see that 1920 x 1200 isn't an issue for the GTX 660 Ti, but moving to 2560 x 1600, our FPS simply drops too much. This isn't much of a surprise though as we don't see a single card here break the 60 FPS mark at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF turned on.
Something as intensive as Aliens vs. Predator sees a miserable 42 FPS at 1920 x 1200 and even lower numbers at 2560 x 1600. Times like this we see the smaller memory bus and less memory come in to play.
While Far Cry 2 might be considered old, you can see at 2560 x 1600 we still manage to fall shy of that 30 FPS minimum we want. 1920 x 1200 continues to not be a problem, though, with very playable numbers present.
While not as bad as Aliens vs. Predator when it comes to the numbers, like that game, we see we're below 60 FPS at both resolutions here.
Under Just Cause 2 we can see some great numbers at 1920 x 1200, but again at 2560 x 1600 we see there's simply not enough grunt to hit that 60 FPS average we want for a solid gaming experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit