CM Storm QuickFire Pro Continued
On these 74 keys in the layout you get the standard US layout with a special letter A, the windows keys are CM Storm logos, the lighting and multimedia keys are held within the function keys along with the F12 Windows lockout and the spacebar carries the QuickFire name.
Here are the other thirty keys of the 104-Key layout. Along with the logo, arrow keys and the number pad, there is also the ability to change the response time and changing from 6-key to full N-Key roll over.
I am skipping ahead into the hardware so I can pull a few caps to see what is taking care of business under all of these caps.
These are in fact Cherry MX Browns as advertised and something else, unlike the Corsair offerings, this isn't a hybrid of mechanical and rubber dome switches. Each and every key on this board uses a Cherry MX Brown switch.
I also went ahead and plugged in the full speed USB 2.0 cable provided with the keyboard and even did a bit of routing to show why the trails are in the design of the underside.
Since this is a driver-less product, once powered up we get to start playing around. Using the FN-key and the mode button (F4) we got the QuickFire illuminated to its first setting. This is just eight keys and the CM Storm logo that illuminate on this setting.
The second setting kicks off the lightshow with the left third of the keyboard now glowing red and the addition of the spacebar. This has 28 keys lit and allows gamers to find most of not all basic left hand keys in game.
This last shot was to show that when the Caps lock, Number lock and Scroll lock keys are pressed, the white panels at the top right corner also will glow with a red LED to denote if they are in use or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm QuickFire Pro]
- Page 5 [CM Storm QuickFire Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series