As I was touring the suite SilverStone had all of the new goods on display at during CES earlier in the year, I remember just prior to getting the lowdown on all the new PSUs up the pipe, we looked at the new home theater cases that SilverStone was just about ready to go public with.
The latest of the Grandia chassis designs is a reworking of old ideas, a few new tricks and giving the buyers exactly what they want or at least what I know I want in my HTPC chassis. There was even tons of work that went into the finest of details, such as the noises that come from dust filters when they are in place and the fan is drawing air through it.
Back in January I was taking pictures of these cases for our news coverage and Tony took us into a demonstration and some of their results from many designs and orientation of the bits in the filter before they came up with a winning design. At that time I was abruptly stopped from taking images of what I was seeing, but now it is out in the wild to discuss and show the potential buyers just what all this thought and design results in for the end product.
Since by this point, of writing the review, I have seen all of what is involved in the latest of SilverStone's HTPC lineup. I've used it all, taken it all apart, put it all back together with components, tested the chassis for a bit to see how well the design works. It isn't always looks that get the job done. I will say this though, even this early in the review, SilverStone really delivered this time around and leaves users wanting very little if anything at all.
The chassis we are going to be looking at is the Grandia GD08, one of a pair of chassis to release with very similar specifications and slightly different looks. As I mentioned, this case offers an abundance of room for very large motherboards, has a unique take on storage and optical bay drives and did I mention you can run SLI or Crossfire in this thing with 13.6" video cards?
I don't want to get too far ahead here, it's just that the Grandia SST-GD08B is one of those cases that you can't help but love, even if not for yourself, it's something you will remember and advise your friends to use. The GD08 is just that good.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Grandia SST-GD08B HTPC Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Final Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Final Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ debuts to the Nintendo Switch 28th Sept
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit