We're getting to that point where's it's been long enough after the launch of a new high-end video card model that we start to see companies mixing it up a bit and while XFX came out the gate early with the custom cooled Black Edition Double Dissipation model, we haven't seen anyone else do anything. Well, that's till today!
Today we're looking at the brand new Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X 3GB OC which at the time of writing hasn't even shown up on the Sapphire website yet. That gives you an idea of just how new the model is and just how quickly we're able to get ahold of it thanks to being based out of Taiwan now.
Before we get down and dirty with the performance of the new card there's a few things we need to get out the way. The first thing we need to do is check out the package and see what kind of bundle Sapphire is giving us.
Once we've looked at the bundle we'll move onto the card itself and check out the new Dual-X cooling setup that Sapphire has going on before we take a closer look at the specifications of the card and cover the Dual BIOS option in a little more detail.
Once we've done all that it's time to get into the testbed, quickly cover the cards we'll have in our review today and of course get into the performance side of things. First things first, though, we need to see just what's going on with the brand new Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X 3GB OC bundle.
In typical Sapphire fashion we've got a really nice bundle going on. We've got the normal line up of paperwork and driver CD. Along with that we've got a CrossFire bridge, Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector, Dual Molex to 8-pin PCIe power connector and DVI to VGA cable.
Along with all that we've also got a HDMI and three other connectors including Mini DP to DP, Mini DP to DVI and a HDMI to DVI one. All in all Sapphire has put together a really nice bundle here with a bunch of cables that should get you up and running straight away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit