Installation and Finished Product
Once the black plastic back plate is secured to the motherboard, flip it over and the purposes of this LGA 1155 board, grab the plastic spacers. Shown in the instructions is how to apply the tape to the end of these spacers to stick them to the top of the motherboard, as seen here.
Setting the large top plates on the spacers allows you to thread in the long skinny screws. At this point it is recommended to only set the screws 90% of the way in to allow the plates to move a bit to align with the base of the cooler better.
After applying four lines of TIM, one on each heat pipe, I set the cooler on the CPU and aligned the holes in the base of the cooler with the colors on the plates underneath. At this point you can tighten the base screw completely and then tighten the other pair once this side is in place.
It is the same process on this side. Align and drop in the screw, then tighten it all securely and we are ready to put the fan and shroud back on the cooler and get this thing powered up.
To place the shroud on the cooler I had to remove the stick of RAM closest to the cooler of this pair. Once the fan was on I was able to regain access to the slot, but the one nearest the CPU is blocked for any memory with tall heat spreaders.
Just to step back and give you a better perspective of the overall size of the Freezer i30, I got more of the board in view to put it all in scale.
One last shot of the ARCTIC Freezer i30, this time from the view as most will see it inside of their own cases. Even from this angle, the i30 is large and offers huge amounts of surface area. I have high hopes for this cooler; I just hope the fan can actually do a good job, even if for stock users who just want silence!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit