Most of our readers are very familiar with PC Power & Cooling, so we will skip right to the chase with their latest product. PC Power & Cooling has yet again revamped the Silencer series of power supplies that has become almost infamous for their performance, reliability and low cost.
This time around we have the Silencer Mk III series that comes in 400W, 500W and 600W varieties. Today we are going to be taking a look at the 600W model to see just what it has to offer.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
One of the first things that you will notice is that this unit only has a single 46A 12V rail. It is becoming rare to find a power supply that isn't capable for outputting 99% or more of its power on the 12V rail, but here we have one. What it lacks in 12V output, it makes up for on the minor rails. Both the 3.3V and 12V rails are capable of 24A each with a combined maximum output of 130W. This is more juice on the minor rails than even the recently reviewed XFX ProSeries 1000W PSU. Total combined continuous output is 600W.
One of the many reasons that enthusiasts swear by PC Power & Cooling units is that they are always feature rich; even the lower end models. The same holds true for the Silencer Mk III series as you can see above. The unit has nearly a full suite of protections with the exception of Over Temperature Protection. The unit is fully sleeved with both native and modular cables. PC Power & Cooling rates the unit for 100% continuous output at 50C and it sports an 80Plus Bronze efficiency rating.
The PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 600W has an MSRP of $89.99 and is readily available for purchasing. That is already a sweet price for the unit, but Newegg makes it even better because at the time of writing this article, you could pick up the unit for 69.99 after mail-in rebate and $5.99 shipping for a grand total of $75.98. PC Power & Cooling backs the Silencer Mk III 600W power supply with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz