AS SSD Benchmark
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.2.3577.40358
Developer Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
Product Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
AS determines the performance of Solid State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. These tests are carried out without the use of the operating system caches.
In all synthetic tests the test file size is 1GB. AS can also determine the access time of the SSD, the access of which the drive is determined to read through the entire capacity of the SSD (Full Stroke). The write access test is only to be met with a 1 GB big test file. At the end of the tests three values for the read and write as well as the overall performance will be issued. In addition to the calculated values which are shown in MB/s, they are also represented in IO per seconds (IOPS).
Note: AS SSD is a great benchmark for many tests, but since Crystal Disk Mark covers a broader range of 4K tests and HD Tune Pro covering sequential speeds, we will only use the Copy Benchmark from AS SSD.
- Copy Benchmark
Most likely most users will be building file servers with the RocketRAID 2720 and moving data around on a network. If you are concerned about moving data on a client PC, then these tests are for you. Here we see impressive performance in all tests, especially when you consider the cost of the controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New $55 Raspberry Pi 4: 4GB of RAM, dual-monitor support
- New Avengers game is Herculean in scope and ambition
- New materia confirmed in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Nintendo chip surge doesn't point to new Switch hardware
- Monster Strike revenue hits $7.2 billion, largest app ever
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Silicon Power Bolt B75 Pro Portable SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4TB Review
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Exploding Babies - a surreal arena blaster releases Reveal Trailer
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator aims at consoles and VR goggles
- Zoo 2: Animal Park hits 5 million mark
- Dungeon of Dragon Knight-A Retro Dungeon Crawler game
- PUBG Europe League Phase 2 Delivers High-Calibre Thrills