Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The exterior of this PC-Q25 is anodized black and there is a silver option as well. The brushed aluminum on the front and sides is almost fully inclusive. The front of the chassis only has a backlit power button and Lian Li name plate to break up the aluminum on the front. On the sides there are slanted grooves cut into the panels near the front. This is where the intake fan draws its air supply. On the top there is an area the size of the exhaust fan that also has these same slanted cuts made to allow it to rid the case of built up heat. The floor of the chassis also has venting, but it is round holes and receives a clip-on dust filter to keep dirt out of the chassis.
Internally the aluminum is left raw or silver. The motherboard tray for the Mini-ITX or Mini-DTX motherboards, the hot swap hard drive bays, the multi-purpose hard drive rack on the floor and the mounting plate for the intake fan are all like this. Speaking of fans, there is a pair included that can be powered either with a 3-pin connection or a Molex connection with the included adapters. There is a 140mm fan in the front working as the intake and has a filter installed on it. The exhaust fan is a 120mm fan and also has a filter on it. The floor of the chassis is left to breathe naturally and the power supply acts as the rear exhaust fan.
Let's cover a few things you will and won't find in here. There is room for up to eight hard drives inside this chassis. There is also no room for an optical drive of any sort, nor does it have a cutout in the front for one. There is room for a power supply directly over the CPU cooler, but it has to be less than 170mm all included. There is room for two expansion cards or one dual slot card up to 320mm in length. If stock cooling isn't an option, look into some low profile coolers as there isn't much room to play around in here once the PSU is in place.
Now that we have a grasp on what we do get, and what we aren't getting, the deal breaker if you are still interested may be the pricing. With Lian Li, I have come to expect one thing to coincide with their build quality and that is a higher price point than most other solutions in that class. When I got my e-mails asking if I wanted to look at this chassis, I was made aware of the $149 MSRP that Lian li had set upon release.
Going to Google shopping, I wasn't able to dig up many places that have the PC-Q25 in stock in either color. While I did find a lot of postings about its release, I had to manually search our favorite site to see if it was in stock. Low and behold, there it was, the PC-Q25 in Black for $119.99 at Newegg.com. Not only is that well under the MSRP, it is a really good asking price. Now let's really see what we get for that money from Lian Li!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit