I really liked the PS06 Window experience. The case starts with a flashy, yet attractive exterior to draw you in closer, and keeps on giving with USB 3.0 connectivity and a hot swap bay outside as well. On the inside, it gives you sleek black all over. The bays are all tool-free and easy to use. The hard drive bay assembly being removable is nice and something I like to see in chassis designs these days. The motherboard tray has limited wire management options behind the tray, but still offers places to route them there, and I was able to achieve this, but at the expense of flexing the back panel a fair bit to get it locked into place. All around the PS06 has been a pleasure to deal with and use.
The issue that did rear its head during the build doesn't affect me personally as I rarely use the front panel audio. Not being able to have that option without the cable draping out in the open is a bit ridiculous, though, in my humble opinion. I mean if this case didn't have a window, maybe, but it does and running the cable that way just looked wrong and out of place. I guess I could have gotten "shorted" in the cables, pun intended, but it is still an issue that needs addressed if this is a "normal" cable length for them.
Cooling inside the chassis is great, although it does come with up to 34 dBA of noise from the 180mm Air Penetrator at the top. For those who still want good air flow and don't want all the noise, look at the top of the rear of the case. There you will locate a switch to turn the fan down to a more acceptable 18 DBA. At this point with the top fan lowered, I could just start to hear the CPU fan wind up over the noise of the chassis. While the chassis only comes with two of the fans out of the four possible locations, the addition of the Air Penetrator is a far better choice than more 120mm fans to match the one in the front intake position. With the rear and floor of the chassis ready for a pair of fans as well, the cooling potential can only get better. With the removable top, front filter and dust filter under the chassis, maintenance is kept easy and the interior should stay clean for months to come.
All things now out in the open and I'm taking them all into consideration, the SST-PS06B-W is still one heck of a deal, even with the audio cable issue. Look around, pickin's are slim, but the pricing of this chassis is really almost unbeatable. You are getting a very original looking chassis, it has native USB 3.0 support, a hot swap bay in the front, a window, and it's super easy to work in and build with. If it has slipped your mind at this point, realize that you are getting this entire chassis for less than $100 before taxes and shipping. Currently Directron.com has the best deal out there, but for those of us in the states who prefer a bigger e-tailer, Newegg.com has it for $99.99, and after rebate and shipping will set you back right around $110. Not too shabby at all and with price considered, and hopefully a longer HD audio cable in future cases. I can't think of reasons to not like what SilverStone offers in the PS06B-W mid tower chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD