NZXT knocked this one out of the park! It's not every day that a new to the game type of product just outright shatters my expectations! NZXT has so far proven to me that you now can in fact have the best of both worlds. There is a ton of potential to hold even the highest of overclocks and that's how it sits out of the box. On top of that, the low noise levels of the fans that are sent in the HAVIK 140 box are unparalleled at this point. I have never tested a cooler that was both this silent and was able to just kick some butt as it smashed the competition.
From what I do know, this cooler is kicking ass and taking names; the HAVIK 140 is never leaving my house! It is very rare that I keep a hold of air coolers, and for those of you that read my case reviews, you know I use a lot of stock cooling for that, and just recently swapped over to the Polaris 120 for my reviews. Fit willing I think I have found the replacement cooler to show off the inside of my builds, as well as this, getting my personal recommendation here or on any forums where members are asking about a great cooler that you don't have to hear from 30 feet away.
The combination of all the parts made for an excellent finished product. Again, it comes down to applying all the right "tricks" into one package. It's few and far between that a company gets it right, let alone handle itself as well as the HAVIK 140 has done. The "funky" fans as I called them definitely earned my respect; they can look as funky as they want, they are powerful and are terrific at being seen and not heard. With the lowest sound rating to date and the best performance on the load testing, I can't help but gloat about the HAVIK 140.
I know as of yet I don't have a solid price point for this cooler. What I do know is that if this cooler is anywhere near the magic $50-60 breaking point of most buyers, it's going to fly off the shelves like hotcakes. Even if they do decide to charge a bit more, weighing this against a Noctua for price versus performance, they are as high as $90 depending on the model. Either way, as long as NZXT isn't charging an outrageous amount (and knowing NZXT, they will make it very reasonably priced), the HAVIK 140 comes highly recommended for both silence and efficiency!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit