AIDA64 Random Access Time
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
Marketing folks like to talk about big flashy numbers, so we hear quite a bit about ATTO performance and transfer rates, but SSD's real standout feature is access times. Access times are measured in milliseconds and the lower the access time, the better the user experience is.
The Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240GB has a read access time of .18ms on average. It doesn't sound as cool as 550MB/s, but .18 will make your programs open faster than you can even remove your finger off of the mouse button.
The Vertex 3 Max IOPS write access time went up a little over the Vertex 3, but there have been a couple of firmware updates and that might be playing a little role in the difference. Still, you aren't going to notice the slightly elevated access times.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Vertex 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick & Morty season 4 episode premier at Adult Swim Festival
- Zelda Link's Awakening new cameo Ocarina of Time footage
- Popular gaming YouTuber Etika found dead in Manhattan River
- One-Punch Man beats down foes in upcoming console/PC game
- Terraria for Nintendo Switch releases on June 27th
- FS (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 2019 (Website www.esellibuy.com) $6,995CAD
- Buy (5Pieces) MacBook Pro 13-inch (2019) New 2.4GHz 8th i5 Touch Bar $6,995CAD
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to Acquire Canadair Regional Jet Program from Bombardier Inc.
- LG To Expand Partnership With QT On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos
- Next-Gen Battle Royale Ring of Elysium Officially Launches on Steam
- Versus Evil Steam Summer Sale
- TRENDnet Adds ERPS to Industrial Managed Network Switches