Though the ThinkCentre A70z is part of Lenovo's business line, it offers plenty of functionality for the home user. The system's compact footprint, quiet performance, and reasonable price make it a good choice for everyday computing. However, with things in the PC world rapidly moving towards 64-bit, the 32-bit operating system seems almost anachronistic. We think this system would benefit from a bit more RAM, as well.
The carrying bag (sack, really) the machine comes with is a bit silly. If you're buying this system for its portability, you'll definitely want a case that offers some padding and compartments for peripherals and cords. The system has a built-in carrying handle anyway, making the bag not only gimmicky, but redundant.
The A70z has one of the sharper matte screens we've seen of late, which means you get good image quality without the glare problems often associated with glossy screens. The 1440x900 screen resolution, though on the low end in today's marketplace, is frankly fine for a 19" screen.
The optical drive's placement doesn't really lend itself to easy use, and finding the eject button by touch takes a bit of practice.
However, for the price (the models with less powerful processors provide an even better value), the A70 offers reliable performance in a compact package for everyday users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card