When I first got wind of the idea that CoolIT had to water cool a graphics card with their all in one system, I was eager to see what they had to offer. Well, it took a bit of waiting for CoolIT to make the correct plate for the card I test with, but as soon as they had one ready, I got news one was on the way to my house. To be blunt; I was giddy like a kid at Christmas in anticipation of this new arrival.
One thing I can't stress enough is the lack of cooling ability my GTX 470 has from the factory. In my opinion, both the cooler and the stock fan profile needed work to say the least. Even with replacing the thermal compound and ramping up the fan profile, seeing your cards bake in a case at 80+ degrees isn't something I personally like. With my own rig touting two of these cards, the temperatures are even less manageable. Now, we just looked at Arctic Cooling's solution to the issue, but it took three slots and over 11" of fins to do the job well, and it just may not fit in a lot of the mid tower chassis' that are leading in the market right now.
CoolIT jumps in the water cooling game with both feet and offer a way to not only tame the heat that is produced by high end GPUs, but as with the ECO and Vantage, it offers a way to get all of that heat out of your chassis directly. Today we are going to be looking at the Omni AC-N470 from CoolIT, and mine came with the GTX 470 interposer plate. Finally, in building a good database of temperatures with a few coolers, we should be able to get a really good feel for how well the Omni handles the task at hand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The CoolIT Omni AC-N470 VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation, Fit and Finish]
- Page 6 [Test System & Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media