You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
Since most users will use the Western Digital Caviar Green 2.5 and 3TB drives with the included Highpoint HBA, we used that for our testing instead of our on board or aftermarket controllers. With a new controller also come new variables, the things I don't like adding to my reviews since it removes the equal playing field I strive for. The two comparison drives being shown in the review were tested on the GIGABYTE on board Marvell controller. They are also SATA 6Gbps drives, so this is their native partner.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO we see the Western Digital Caviar Green ramping up speeds quickly. The 4k test shows impressive write speeds of just over 60MB/s and read speeds close to 75MB/s. Western Digital didn't claim any data transfer performance numbers in their marketing material, but it looks like those would be 125MB/s read and 120MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard