The other day we had a look at the reference version of the HD 5550 GDDR5 model from ATI. Today we'll be having a look at a retail version from HIS; along with that we'll also be looking at the HD 5570 which has had the same treatment as its little brother, the HD 5550, with the addition of GDDR5 memory.
While we weren't initially all that impressed with what the HD 5550 GDDR5 was doing for us, when we put it all into perspective the card doesn't look too bad at all considering its under $100 price point.
The HIS cards we're looking at today move away from the reference cooler design, but before we have a closer look at both cards, let's quickly check out the packages.
Both boxes are nearly identical. As for the actual package, we've only pictured one because they are identical. We've got the normal paperwork and driver CD along with a discount voucher for Bad Company 2 if you buy from the EA Store, along with another voucher for some software from ArcSoft which takes advantage of the Stream technology that ATI implement on their cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Packages]
- Page 2 [The Cards]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 16 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 17 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- PC Building Simulator sells 100,000 copies in 30 days
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit