The TEW-655BR3G/A is a fairly small device. It is not as small as the other "non-3G" travel routers on the market, but it is still fairly small.
Its outer casing is made of plastic to keep things light. The top has three LEDs on the front for indication of WiFi, LAN and USB activity. On the back above the TRENDnet logo is a power indicator. This serves a dual purpose. It can show that the device is on, is charging or is low on battery (Green, Orange and Red LEDs).
The back holds a single RJ-45 port that also has a dual purpose. It can be used to directly connect your system to the TEW-655BR3G or to connect to another router or modem for quick wireless access. There is also a power switch here due to the existence of an internal battery system. This allows you to conserve battery when the TEW-655BR3G is not in use.
Along the right hand side is the single USB 2.0 port for connecting a 3G Modem. There is also a reset and WPS (Wireless Protected Setup) button.
As we mentioned, there is a compartment for a 3.7V, 1700mAh Li-ION battery (included). This is supposed to give you around 2.5 hours of usage before needing a recharge.
The TEW-655BR3G has some nice specs for its size. We also know that due to the use of a USB modem port you are going to get across the board compatibility (well, almost) for 3G functionality. The WiFi side also looks impressive on paper and has support for the current technologies and modulation standards.
The Internal firewall (which we will cover later) also has features that you would expect only in a less portable product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit