There are no worries when it comes to gaming support with complete EAX 5.0 included, which is still the yardstick for environmental audio.
There's also one new inclusion since the Essence; that being support for analog 7.1 channel output. So, if you would like to connect your surround system to the Xense, you can. This is a good decision on the part of ASUS because it sure does not hurt to have that extra connectivity.
ASUS push this system as a gaming solution quite strongly, of which it is (quite strong); let me assure you.
However, I do not think it should be limited as a gaming focused product. Rather, I feel this system is a fantastic general HD audio solution which targets and scores on many fronts.
To market it simply as a gaming system in my opinion after working extensively with most of the Xonar range is like selling a Lotus for use as a taxi. I mean, theoretically it would be able to handle the job with relative ease, but it's just able to do so much more when called upon that it seems a bit of a waste.
The Film Results
The Xense does come with a digital output on the rear as well as being able to support 7.1 outputs in analog language. But it's not really all there because like the Essence any surround digital movie soundtrack must be passed out along to a decoder.
This decoder might be a software or hardware decoder like a home theatre receiver. Now, this will work flawlessly; just remember that this particular card does not have decoders built into it.
However, I would recommend using Dolby Headphone to simulate a surround environment using all the good bits of the Xense board. Dolby (Labs) Headphone is the leading algorithm based surround sound software provider in the world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25