The Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SSD
On the outside the 256GB and 128GB RealSSD C300 drives appear to look identical with both sharing the same front label.
On the back where the serial and model number is we see that the 128GB drive does get a new label that shows the capacity. Our sample shows firmware revision 001, but actually arrived with the latest, TRIM fixed firmware; 002. I can only assume that Crucial has a few batches of hot off the press labels and since we are media and pretty much take what we can get our hands on, the old label was fine, at least for us.
The bottom of the drive has the correct mounting locations, so you will be fine using the RealSSD C300 in a notebook or adapter that uses the under drive mounting system.
On the side we also see that the standard mounting locations are present.
The back of the drive also uses standard SATA power and data connectors, so you are covered all the way around with the placement of connectors and mounting points and this makes it so the C300 will mount into almost any PC easily.
We popped the top on our 128GB C300 sample expecting to see only half of the memory locations filled, but we were wrong. Here we see the Marvell SATA 6G controller and eight Micron ONFI 2.1 rated chips.
On the back we also found eight NAND flash modules and a Micron DRAM chip for cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit