The Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SSD
On the outside the 256GB and 128GB RealSSD C300 drives appear to look identical with both sharing the same front label.
On the back where the serial and model number is we see that the 128GB drive does get a new label that shows the capacity. Our sample shows firmware revision 001, but actually arrived with the latest, TRIM fixed firmware; 002. I can only assume that Crucial has a few batches of hot off the press labels and since we are media and pretty much take what we can get our hands on, the old label was fine, at least for us.
The bottom of the drive has the correct mounting locations, so you will be fine using the RealSSD C300 in a notebook or adapter that uses the under drive mounting system.
On the side we also see that the standard mounting locations are present.
The back of the drive also uses standard SATA power and data connectors, so you are covered all the way around with the placement of connectors and mounting points and this makes it so the C300 will mount into almost any PC easily.
We popped the top on our 128GB C300 sample expecting to see only half of the memory locations filled, but we were wrong. Here we see the Marvell SATA 6G controller and eight Micron ONFI 2.1 rated chips.
On the back we also found eight NAND flash modules and a Micron DRAM chip for cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media