I'll be the first to admit that a few years ago when someone mentioned MSI, video cards were not the first thing that came to mind, let alone video cards that I would recommend. It's not that there was anything wrong with MSI's video cards, it's just that they didn't really stand out from the pack.
In the past couple years, however, we've seen the company really move forward in the VGA market. First they started doing a bit of overclocking and then we saw some extra coolers and nowadays we see the company move way out of the box with some fantastic own-PCB designed cards.
The Lightning series has already left a mark with us recently and it looked like it could be a dominant force in the enthusiast market. Combining both an impressive model with stand out features, MSI are able to do something special.
The latest model to get hit by the lightning bolt is the HD 5870 which is already a model we know and love. But the question is, what have MSI done to the model to make it stand out from the pack? - Let's check out the package before looking at the card itself and find out exactly what they've done with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit