Time to find out how these things sound in the real world.
- High End
Whether you're a gamer, music lover or movie buff, it's important that the high frequencies are kept intact as much as possible.
Continuing on from my testing of the E361's, I found the high-end to be balanced and non-invasive to the listener.
Again I find myself comparing the performance to that of the very expensive Razer Megalodon, which uses a whole 'headphone' design to achieve this impressive high-end performance.
Let me re-iterate this point; finding a good balance of high-end frequencies with other lower frequencies in a configuration such as an ear phone is no mean feat. And this is due largely to a need to rely on a single driver to do the bidding.
Now, without going into such detail as to lose everyone's interest, I'll simply add that both of these models from Arctic Sound pull this off seamlessly.
- Middle of the road
The mid-range frequencies are important in the roles that they play when reproducing drums and other percussion instruments and also the human voice largely.
Now, of all areas this should be one where the use of the wooden chassis' comes into its own by providing warmth and timbre to the sound. For the record, timbre just refers to how well a product creates the full-bodied warmth found when listening to a percussion instrument.
And I was once again impressed in this area. Although not blown away, I could feel that 'woody' tonality coming through which not only adds to musical enjoyment, but takes away from the overwhelming nature of having the music being funneled into your brain cavity.
- Low End
Bass is an all-important factor with any sound system, whether it being a dedicated music system or multi-purpose home theatre.
Much the same as mentioned above, this is also an area where the use of a wooden chassis should prove providential.
I found the low-end to continue on from the impressive performance offered by the E361's. Low-end was robust and full during the listening tests I ran and even managed to achieve an omni-present quality usually akin to full sized subs with large drivers capable of dispersing bass wide and far.
Honestly, though, I did not feel that I preferred one set over the other. I feel that they both have the ability to produce fantastic low-end for whatever purpose they are required for.
So, did the use of a wooden chassis make the difference here? Well, yes and no. It certainly did not detract from the already high marks given here last time. But for me it's more of an innovation in its own right than a case of better or worse.
Another great effort by the Swiss techno boffin's Arctic Cooling (Sound) is afoot in the form of the E352's.
- Other features
None to mention really; it's a pretty slim package, but I was not really expecting much more than the basics. There is, however, that little sticker mentioned in my last article, which is as modest and understated as ever.
Let's also give a special mention quickly to the carry case given with these headphones. Although the zip broke when testing the E361's, it's a good little extra that is really to prevent the thin cable from being bent excessively. Have a look below.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019