After spending some time with the H5x series and the Clarkdale, we decided to head back and look at the newly revised "E" version of ASUS' P7P55D series. These boards have been worked over to include both SATA 3.0 and SuperSpeed USB, all for a relatively low $189.99 over at Newegg. With the P55's limited PCIe lanes, including these new technologies has required the use of a bridge chip to allow for proper PCIe bandwidth.
The P7P55D-E Pro also includes ASUS' 16-Hybrid Phase (12+2 with T.Probe) which allows for real time balancing of power and heat generation. ASUS rounds out the P7P55D-E Pro with Auto-Tuning, Express Gate OS (a linux based OS for quick use) and Turbo EVO.
We take a look at this and see if the P7P55D-E Pros combination of features and new standards can hold up or if they are a case of stuffing too much into a single package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz