After spending some time with the H5x series and the Clarkdale, we decided to head back and look at the newly revised "E" version of ASUS' P7P55D series. These boards have been worked over to include both SATA 3.0 and SuperSpeed USB, all for a relatively low $189.99 over at Newegg. With the P55's limited PCIe lanes, including these new technologies has required the use of a bridge chip to allow for proper PCIe bandwidth.
The P7P55D-E Pro also includes ASUS' 16-Hybrid Phase (12+2 with T.Probe) which allows for real time balancing of power and heat generation. ASUS rounds out the P7P55D-E Pro with Auto-Tuning, Express Gate OS (a linux based OS for quick use) and Turbo EVO.
We take a look at this and see if the P7P55D-E Pros combination of features and new standards can hold up or if they are a case of stuffing too much into a single package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit