I'm really torn with the FenrisWolf chassis from Scythe. The material choice is nice, the silence is also nice and the chassis, in my opinion, is a real looker. All black brushed aluminum, with bright "silvery" accents is a clean and sophisticated style. But in the end, nothing about the chassis screams "mod" and that is a bit disappointing to me.
The interior is pretty much tool-less to assemble, with maybe the assistance of a screwdriver for the motherboard and drive installations. Nothing really new here, many companies are doing this. An all aluminum chassis build is also nice, but still not special. The fans included may be silent, but only offer a combined 81 CFM of airflow.
Speaking of which, temperatures inside my build did show a slight increase in even my idle temps. Since I do all my builds in my basement, ambient is relatively the same day to day, and I did see a three degree rise in idle temps and five degrees warmer at stock settings once loaded. I've said it before, there is give and take for silence, and in this case it takes for the temperature to give you the silence.
The real issue I have is that the "b" is more of a "Fatal1ty branding" than a design I would be proud to sign my name to. For the asking price of around $110 USD if you shop smart, it isn't a bad case to start with, but I feel you will end up swapping parts and doing some mods of your own to finish the build off right. In the most basic idea of it all, for just over a Benjamin, you can have a Benjamin, Franz that is! The FenrisWolf was a nice experience, but nothing I would write home about as far as case mods go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available