I'm really torn with the FenrisWolf chassis from Scythe. The material choice is nice, the silence is also nice and the chassis, in my opinion, is a real looker. All black brushed aluminum, with bright "silvery" accents is a clean and sophisticated style. But in the end, nothing about the chassis screams "mod" and that is a bit disappointing to me.
The interior is pretty much tool-less to assemble, with maybe the assistance of a screwdriver for the motherboard and drive installations. Nothing really new here, many companies are doing this. An all aluminum chassis build is also nice, but still not special. The fans included may be silent, but only offer a combined 81 CFM of airflow.
Speaking of which, temperatures inside my build did show a slight increase in even my idle temps. Since I do all my builds in my basement, ambient is relatively the same day to day, and I did see a three degree rise in idle temps and five degrees warmer at stock settings once loaded. I've said it before, there is give and take for silence, and in this case it takes for the temperature to give you the silence.
The real issue I have is that the "b" is more of a "Fatal1ty branding" than a design I would be proud to sign my name to. For the asking price of around $110 USD if you shop smart, it isn't a bad case to start with, but I feel you will end up swapping parts and doing some mods of your own to finish the build off right. In the most basic idea of it all, for just over a Benjamin, you can have a Benjamin, Franz that is! The FenrisWolf was a nice experience, but nothing I would write home about as far as case mods go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit