GIGABYTE is one to do things big and one thing they wanted to be a part of first up is the SATA-III (6Gb/s) and USB 3.0 revolution. Now, whilst still considered premature as far as wide adoption goes, this is not a bad thing. After all, we already have USB 3.0 controller chips from NEC and SATA-III controller chips from Marvell starting to show their faces, which is extremely impressive. In fact, until AMD and Intel start to integrate SATA-III and USB into the next generation of Southbridge's, we are going to have to rely on the external chips like we did when USB2.0 and SATA-II came out.
The new wonder of the world we have here today is GIGABYTE's P55A-UD6, an upgraded variant of the P55-UD6 we previously reviewed here. And if this board is anything like the original, I think we will have a winner on our hands. The P55-UD6 managed to impress us with extremly impressive speeds, a fantastic overclocking result and a good price tag. In fact, the P55A-UD6 comes in at $249.99 USD over at Newegg which is still very cheap for this level of board. How well will it perform? - Let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- Thanks for letting us comment.
We would just like to clarify that it is possible to run SATA 3 and USB 3.0 while running CrossFireX and SLI on the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD6. If two graphics cards are plugged in, the BIOS will automatically default to runnin
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit