Patriot Convoy and Convoy XL Hardware RAID 2.5 inch Enclosure Video Review
Our latest video review is of Patriot's Convoy and Convoy XL dual SATA hard disk drive and SSD enclosure caddies, which have only just gone on sale.
What's so special about a caddie? Patriot has gone fairly creative with its Convoy XL and added in hardware RAID support - that's right, these caddies support not one but two SATA or SATA2 2.5 inch hard drives or solid state drives. No PATA support here though, keep that in mind. There is RAID 0 and RAID 1 support as well as spanning and JBOD.
What is rather interesting with the XL model in particular is that you can run the drive like a normal external caddie via either eSATA or USB 2.0 or you can install the caddie internally inside your system in one of the empty hidden or visible 3.5 inch drive bays. The cheaper Convoy model is only able to be run internally by design.
The drives aren't super cheap, but they feature good design and initiative by Patriot. Watch the video below as we check out both the Convoy and Convoy XL and see if either are any good and worth buying or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega: made on 12nm FinFET, coming in 2018
- $150 copy of NBA 2K18 costs half of Switch console price
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower