Patriot Convoy and Convoy XL Hardware RAID 2.5 inch Enclosure Video Review
Our latest video review is of Patriot's Convoy and Convoy XL dual SATA hard disk drive and SSD enclosure caddies, which have only just gone on sale.
What's so special about a caddie? Patriot has gone fairly creative with its Convoy XL and added in hardware RAID support - that's right, these caddies support not one but two SATA or SATA2 2.5 inch hard drives or solid state drives. No PATA support here though, keep that in mind. There is RAID 0 and RAID 1 support as well as spanning and JBOD.
What is rather interesting with the XL model in particular is that you can run the drive like a normal external caddie via either eSATA or USB 2.0 or you can install the caddie internally inside your system in one of the empty hidden or visible 3.5 inch drive bays. The cheaper Convoy model is only able to be run internally by design.
The drives aren't super cheap, but they feature good design and initiative by Patriot. Watch the video below as we check out both the Convoy and Convoy XL and see if either are any good and worth buying or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit