When Intel pushed the Core i7 out the door it was not to top its rival, AMD, but to top its own Core 2 CPUs. We saw the i7 simply trounce on just about all other single socket systems (and some multi-socket systems as well).
Intel did not sit back and relax, though; they took the C0 stepping and tweaked it to give it an extra edge. Soon everyone was talking about the D0 stepping of the i7; it had better headroom, better thermal tolerance and even seemed slightly faster than the same clocked C0 CPU.
Again Intel did not stop there. Instead they pushed out another flagship CPU. This is the i7 975, a D0 stepping monster that looks like it can take on all comers.
We managed to get our hands on one and take it for a spin against the current champ, the i7 965 C0 stepping CPU. Let's see if it really is worthy of the crown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A brief mention on what's new]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 x64]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Hyper Pi]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - LightWave 3D 9.3 x64]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AutoGK 2.55]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Cryostasis]
- Page 12 [Overclocking Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung teases 8TB NF1 NVMe SSD: PCIe 4.0 with 3GB/sec reads
- Gears of War 5 aiming for 4K 60FPS on Xbox One X
- Microsoft teams with Nintendo for Minecraft crossplay fun
- Microsoft nixes VR plans for Xbox, says PC is best platform
- NVIDIA CEO giveaway: 20x TITAN V CEO Edition 32GB HBM2 cards
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit