Moving onto the card, we can see Galaxy has opted to go with the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme cooler which packs three 92mm fans. If you look carefully behind the fans you can not only see a number of aluminum fins but also the copper heat pipes that help keep the core as cool as possible.
We can see that Galaxy have added their own sticker to the fan with their website URL, but apart from that there isn't much else to see due to how large the cooler is. We can see that it covers just about every bit of the PCB. As for the thickness of it, the cooler does take up just over two slots, so making use of the third slot on your motherboard may be a bit of an issue. For some it's going to be a deal breaker; for others it's not going to matter.
Towards the back of the card we have two power connectors, one a 6-Pin and the other an 8-Pin. Also back here we can see another small connector that is used in conjunction with the S/PDIF loopback cable so that you can get sound along with video through the HDMI port.
Closer to the front of the card we have two SLI connectors; due to the size of the cooler, though, you're probably going to find it a bit difficult to use this if your second card needs to go into the third slot on the motherboard.
Looking at the front of the card, we can see that Galaxy have again decided to mix it up. While we have the standard S-Video TV Out port and Dual Link DVI port, they have also taken the time to include a HDMI port natively on the card. This just makes using HDMI connectivity a lot cleaner without the need to have a connector hanging off the back of your card.
Opting for such a mean looking cooler, it doesn't come as any surprise that Galaxy has taken the time to overclock the card. Below we can see that the core has been increased from the stock 633MHz to 648MHz; this has in turn increased the shader clock from 1404MHz to 1476MHz.
As for the 896MB of GDDR3 memory, that has been increased from 1134MHz or 2268MHz DDR to a more rounded 1200MHz or 2400MHz DDR. This overclock should result in a nice little increase in performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top