It is clear that the Solidata X2-256 is a very fast drive and has enough capacity to make anyone happy. This is the first time we have seen a drive get so close to Intel's MLC performance to date and that is a good thing for everyone since it should help bring the cost of these uber performing drives down.
When it comes to solid state drives you should do yourself a favor and visit DVNation.com before making your purchasing decision. They provide a lot more information to the consumer about all of the products they sell than any other e-tailer I have visited to date. You can even take that a step further and ask them what product would best fit your data needs.
With that said, the main issue I see with the Solidata X2-256 is price. DVNation currently lists the drive for 1099 USD. The highest capacity Intel MLC drive to date is the 160GB model and although it is just a little faster in most applications there are a few that perform better than the Solidata drives. However, capacity is always a concern for datacenters and the added capacity of the X2-256 over Intel's largest drive will make a real difference when stacking racks of drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DICE looking to adapt battle royale into Battlefield games
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be at E3 2018
- PS5 won't launch before 2021
- Sony may further experiment with portable gaming
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit