Right, now; these are quite a simple little product without a whole lot of features and connections to list and explain.
Firstly, let's discuss the wireless aspect of these headphones. According to ASUS they use a 2.4GHz frequency band to operate a two-way digital transmission between the USB transmitter and the headphones.
Now, because I'm not totally familiar with using wireless technology I cannot say how this device will affect the performance of other wireless devices you might be using, if at all. Perhaps you can have numerous devices using the 2.4GHz frequency to communicate with each other; I don't know exactly what the limitations are of this technology. The range for these headphones is listed at 15-20 meters which should be more than ample for most home offices etc.
Moving on to the battery located within these headphones; this is a lithium rechargeable battery like the one found in digital cams and mobile phones. With these batteries it's important to ensure that the first time it's charged it receives a full charge of four hours. Failing to heed to this warning could result in drastically shortened battery life, so be warned.
Now, according to ASUS this battery should be good for "up to" eight hours of use before each recharge. And it is also said to have a stand by time of three months.
The weight of the headset is listed as 122g and the USB dongle is 13g. Hopefully the lightweight design of the headphones will help prevent the user from experiencing excessive fatigue over long periods of use. The size of the speaker unit located inside is 40mm and the frequency response is given as 20Hz-20KHz which encompasses the entire spectrum of human hearing, as I have mentioned before. Now, we are not given a plus or minus figure along with the frequency response, so it is not possible to tell with how much attenuation this figure is possible.
THD or Total Harmonic Distortion is given as 0.08%, which while a good number is not any reason to expect above normal results when analyzing how much signal gets through as opposed to electronically generated noise.
As mentioned, the driver in the headphones is 40mm in size and is claimed as a high performance unit. I do not have any other information other than the size unfortunately. With regards to the built-in microphone, I do not have any detailed specifications on it.
Without further ado, let's motor on to the setup and installation phase of the ASUS HS-1000W solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Testing the Highs and Lows]
- Page 6 [Wireless Performance, Games and Movies]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top