DFI has gone with the tried and true Award BIOS which we have seen used now for over 10 years. While it's good, with EFI out there we would have liked to have seen this BIOS being used as it has more functions and features, especially for overclocking.
DFI puts its overclocking options under the Genie BIOS sub menu.
CPU Base Clock (MHz): 133MHz to 250MHz in 1MHz increments
Boot up Base Clock: 100MHz to 250MHz in 1MHz Increments
PCIe Frequency (MHz): 100MHz to 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
Uncore Frequency: 266MHz to 4266MHz in Various Increments
CPU VID Control: 1.0625v to 1.60v in Various Increments
CPU Special VID Add: 100.25% to 114.88% in Various Increments
DRAM Bus Voltage: 1.45v to 2.4v in 0.025v Increments
CPU VTT Voltage: 1.21v to 1.61v in 0.02v increments
CPU Special VTT Add: +0.0125v to +0.1875v in +0.025v Increments
CPU PLL Voltage:1.8v to 2.15v on 0.05v Increments
IOH/ICH Voltage: 1.1v to 1.73v in 0.02v Increments
IOH Analogue Voltage: 1.1v to 1.45v in Various Increments
ICH 1.5 Voltage: 1.5v to 2.1v in 0.2v increments
ICH 1.05 Voltage: 1.05v to 1.35v in 0.1v Increments
DFI's X58 LANParty didn't break any overclocking records during the limited time we had to test it; however, we did manage to hit a 170MHz FSB which was completely stable. We actually got as far as 190MHz to boot, but didn't have enough time to play with all the voltages and tweaks to get it to load stable under Vista.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5