Core i7 is here and Intel is going to be pushing this as the new enthusiast processor platform. We have already taken a look at two of their three models released to the market, the Core i7 920 and Core i7 965. Both have proven themselves to be a very impressive processor and are quite easily capable of taking over where Core 2 leaves off.
With this new CPU comes a totally new chipset. Now, normally Intel releases a new chipset with their processors; it's a tradition and normally it's not needed as their new CPUs will run on the older boards with a BIOS update. However, Core i7 changes all this since it's now working on the same premise that made K8 popular, that being an on-CPU memory controller. Because of that, a totally new platform arrives; Intel X58 Express.
X58 works with the new Quick Path Interconnect that Intel now uses to connect the CPU and memory to the Northbridge on the board. With a high speed bus that's said to be able to transmit at 4.8GHz (or 6.4GHz on the Extreme Edition), Intel really has listened to what works.
Today we have ASUS' first X58 retail offering in the form of the P6T Deluxe, equipped with just about everything you could want. It's aimed at a very picky crowd; enthusiast and high-end users. So how does it fair? - Let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit