TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The Cooler Master V10 200+W Hybrid T.E.C. cooler performs admirably against the competition. It's in direct competition with The Z600R and Hyper 212, as well as the majority of the Xigmatek line. Oh, wait a minute, that's right, This V10 has a T.E.C. on it!
As you can see, there isn't very much benefit to having this strapped to the monster sized cooler, just the benefit of your wallet lightening due to the use of more electricity for a couple of degrees. I tested the cooler both with the T.E.C. active and without it being plugged in. Without the T.E.C. the V10 alone loaded at 56° Celsius, so in essence with 70W worth of peltier, it's only good for around a 3° gain in performance. I find this slightly disappointing, as I had higher expectations of the V10's T.E.C. cooling efficiency.
As I stated earlier, I found it odd that Cooler Master only rated their fans at the minimum rating of 17dBA. Since I did run both idle and load tests without the T.E.C. being powered, I could get a reading on the fans in both situations without the added noise of the PSU that was needed to fire up The V10's pelt. An idle reading of 58dB isn't all that bad, but the loaded dB of 67 ties the V10 with another and is bested by only one other as the loudest cooling solution on the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit