TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The Cooler Master V10 200+W Hybrid T.E.C. cooler performs admirably against the competition. It's in direct competition with The Z600R and Hyper 212, as well as the majority of the Xigmatek line. Oh, wait a minute, that's right, This V10 has a T.E.C. on it!
As you can see, there isn't very much benefit to having this strapped to the monster sized cooler, just the benefit of your wallet lightening due to the use of more electricity for a couple of degrees. I tested the cooler both with the T.E.C. active and without it being plugged in. Without the T.E.C. the V10 alone loaded at 56° Celsius, so in essence with 70W worth of peltier, it's only good for around a 3° gain in performance. I find this slightly disappointing, as I had higher expectations of the V10's T.E.C. cooling efficiency.
As I stated earlier, I found it odd that Cooler Master only rated their fans at the minimum rating of 17dBA. Since I did run both idle and load tests without the T.E.C. being powered, I could get a reading on the fans in both situations without the added noise of the PSU that was needed to fire up The V10's pelt. An idle reading of 58dB isn't all that bad, but the loaded dB of 67 ties the V10 with another and is bested by only one other as the loudest cooling solution on the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard