Independent game developer Redacted Studios in partnership with indie publisher Versus Evil today announced the launch of the highly-anticipated sequel Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1. The game, which is available now for digital download on PC and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, will also be available for Xbox One via the [email protected] self-publishing program on October 9th, 2015.
Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1 is the first of three distinct volumes that will be released, each with its own new story arch, characters and combat styles to master, plus original soundtracks by up and coming indie hip hop artists that have been mentored by music producer and rapper RZA of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.
"Having worked on the original Afro Samurai video game, I am thrilled that we were able to collaborate with the same creative team once again to bring this vision to life. Having original creator Takashi Okasaki, music director RZA as well as some of the original acting talent, like Phil Lamar involved has been a blessing and we've been humbled by their commitment to this franchise," commented Dave Robinson, President and Lead Producer on the game. "It's been a labour of love for all involved and we really think that fans world-wide will truly appreciate and love where we have taken this story."
A PC and a limited-exclusive console PlayStation 4 bundle of all three volumes are available to purchase for AUD$52.95 on PC and 20% off the SRP for PlayStation. PlayStation Plus members can get the bundle for the best value at 30% off. Volumes 1, 2 and 3 will be sold separately as they become available for an SRP of $AU22.95 on all platforms.
"As an indie publisher, it's not every day that you get to launch a game with an indie studio that folds in a manga license with a cult following, supported by a music icon RZA and a 15 time NY Times bestselling author Jim DeFelice" said Steve Escalante, General Manager at Versus Evil. "However, the indie team at Redacted Studios proved they had the passion and determination to do it justice and we are incredibly proud to be able to launch this game with them. Afro Samurai will be our first multi-platform launch and we are excited to get this onto the big screens at home."
Versus Evil is also soliciting submissions for the Submit Your Track contest where up and coming hip hop artists can create their own original Afro Samurai inspired music track for use in a future game soundtrack. The deadline for all submissions is October 7th, 2015. Full details of the contest and submission instructions can be found here: http://afrosamuraigame.com/contest/
For more information about Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, visit http://www.afrosamuraigame.com
Latest News Posts
- Monster Strike revenue hits $7.2 billion, largest app ever
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 shown to Blizzard employees
- Super Mario battle royale brings chicken dinners to browser
- SEGA is excited to widen their audience with cloud streaming
- Luigi's Mansion 3 under careful development, 2019 release
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Silicon Power Bolt B75 Pro Portable SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4TB Review
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Pop'n'splat - An Arcade Bubble Shooter Launches on Microsoft Store
- 'Ludopolis' Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- Dungeon Action-RPG 'Underworld Ascendant' Available Now For PlayStation 4, Coming Soon To Xbox One
- Captain Cat - Out Now on Nintendo Switch
- Entropia Universe Rings In Summer Solstice With Summer Mayhem 2019