Independent game developer Redacted Studios in partnership with indie publisher Versus Evil today announced the launch of the highly-anticipated sequel Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1. The game, which is available now for digital download on PC and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, will also be available for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program on October 9th, 2015.
Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, Volume 1 is the first of three distinct volumes that will be released, each with its own new story arch, characters and combat styles to master, plus original soundtracks by up and coming indie hip hop artists that have been mentored by music producer and rapper RZA of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.
"Having worked on the original Afro Samurai video game, I am thrilled that we were able to collaborate with the same creative team once again to bring this vision to life. Having original creator Takashi Okasaki, music director RZA as well as some of the original acting talent, like Phil Lamar involved has been a blessing and we've been humbled by their commitment to this franchise," commented Dave Robinson, President and Lead Producer on the game. "It's been a labour of love for all involved and we really think that fans world-wide will truly appreciate and love where we have taken this story."
A PC and a limited-exclusive console PlayStation 4 bundle of all three volumes are available to purchase for AUD$52.95 on PC and 20% off the SRP for PlayStation. PlayStation Plus members can get the bundle for the best value at 30% off. Volumes 1, 2 and 3 will be sold separately as they become available for an SRP of $AU22.95 on all platforms.
"As an indie publisher, it's not every day that you get to launch a game with an indie studio that folds in a manga license with a cult following, supported by a music icon RZA and a 15 time NY Times bestselling author Jim DeFelice" said Steve Escalante, General Manager at Versus Evil. "However, the indie team at Redacted Studios proved they had the passion and determination to do it justice and we are incredibly proud to be able to launch this game with them. Afro Samurai will be our first multi-platform launch and we are excited to get this onto the big screens at home."
Versus Evil is also soliciting submissions for the Submit Your Track contest where up and coming hip hop artists can create their own original Afro Samurai inspired music track for use in a future game soundtrack. The deadline for all submissions is October 7th, 2015. Full details of the contest and submission instructions can be found here: http://afrosamuraigame.com/contest/
For more information about Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma, visit http://www.afrosamuraigame.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Kirby Star Allies launch trailer released, shows abilities
- Battlegrounds hits 5 million players on Xbox One
- Frogwares release The Sinking City gameplay footage
- SEGA releases TOP SECRET Sonic Racing game
- Ethereum dips to just $455, after highs of $1360 in January
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit