ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced G20CB, a compact and powerful 9.5-liter gaming desktop designed to dominate the small-form-factor segment. ROG G20CB packs up to a 6th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics for exceptional gaming and multitasking computing performance. ROG G20CB has an aggressive chassis design that features a matte-black finish, Mayan-inspired markings and customizable 8-million-color LED effects. The exclusive Aegis II app helps gamers monitor system performance, with GameAlive allowing for easy gameplay recording, editing, and sharing on social media.
Intel Core performance and NVIDIA GeForce graphics
ROG G20CB is designed to be a one-stop gaming and entertainment system. Its 9.5-liter chassis houses a 6th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics. The former delivers a 10% performance boost and 23% more efficiency over previous-generation Intel processors to give ROG G20CB the power to take on the most demanding of tasks, allowing users experience today's games at their highest settings. NVIDIA GeForce-powered graphics draws gamers into an immersive world of colors and 4K/UHD resolution visuals; it even supports output on up to three HD displays, while a fourth display can be added via a HDMI connection.
ROG G20CB is available in several configurations and can even be specced with a solid state drive (SSD). The latest M.2 PCIe Gen 3 x4 SSD provides data access speeds of up to 2Gbit/s - four times faster than SATA SSDs. This lets G20CB boot up faster, load apps quicker, and in-game wait times are reduced. DDR4 SDRAM provides speeds of up to 2.1GT/s - twice that of DDR3 1066 - for highly-stable performance.
Efficient thermal management
Cooling performance is often an issue when it comes to small-form-factor desktops, and the G20CB's use of high performance components requires exceptional thermal management to ensure stable performance for gaming marathons. Despite its compact 9.5-liter chassis, ROG G20 is designed with no visible exterior side exhaust vents, and features an integrated thermal design that takes advantage of natural convection. It has a hidden airflow channel that ensures efficient heat management, while two internal fans and copper pipes further help dissipate heat. G20 isn't just powerful; it runs whisper-quiet at just 22dB at idle - quieter than a typical library.
Designed for gamers
G20 sports a bold design - boasting a matte-black finish, aggressive lines, Mayan-inspired markings and customizable lighting effects that showcase up to 8 million colors, allowing users to tailor it to reflect the feel of the game currently being played. In addition, two new modes have been added. The multi-color mode cycles periodically through up to 10 different colors; while the music mode synchronizes the LED effects with audio volume.
The exclusive Aegis II system performance monitoring app enhances the gaming experience by letting users track CPU/memory use and file upload/download status. It also provides warnings if the system exceeds temperature and voltage thresholds. GameAlive lets gamers record, edit, and share gameplay videos on social media; while Boost Launcher automatically frees up CPU and RAM resources to ensure smooth gameplay.
Earlier G20 models have been well-received by the industry, winning international accolades like the CES 2015 Best Innovations Award, a 2015 iF Design Award, and the 2015 Taiwan Excellence Gold Award.
- Processor: 6th-generation Intel Core 'Skylake-S' i3/i5/i7 processors
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Chipset: H170
- Memory: 4 GB, upgradable to 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz - 2 x SO-DIMMS
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4 GB GDDR5 (1HDMI,1DVI,3DP)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5 (1HDMI,1DVI,3DP)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB GDDR5 (1HDMI,1DVI,3DP)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GD5 (1D-SUB,1HDMI,1DVI)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GD3 (1D-SUB,1HDMI,1DVI)
AMD R9 380 2GD5 (1 HDMI,2 DVI,1 DP)
- Storage: Up to 3 TB SATA 6Gbit/s hard drive 7200 RPM
- Up to 256G SATA 6Gbit/s SSD drive
- Drive bay: 1 x 2.5in, 1 x 3.5in
- Adapter: 230W and 180W
- Primary CD/DVD drive: 9.0mm Slimtray Super Multi DVD burner
9.0mm Slimtray Blu-ray Combo
9.0mm Slimtray BD Writer
- Wireless: Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Audio: ASUS SonicMaster technology
- Keyboard: Wireless backlit gaming keyboard with multimedia keys
- Chassis: 9.5-liter chassis
- I/O ports: Front mounted: 2 x USB 3.0 x 2 / 1 x Mic / 1 x Earphone
- Rear panel: 1 x RJ45 LAN / 1 x 8-channel audio / 1 x HDMI-Out / 2 x USB 3.1 / 2 x USB 3.0 / 2 x USB 2.0 / 2 x Power jack
- Size: 104 x 340 x 358 mm
- Weight: 6.38 kg
Latest News Posts
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available