Phononic, the company revolutionizing cooling and heating with SilverCore solid-state technology, introduces a new and innovative, high-performance solid-state CPU Cooler. The Phononic model HEX 1.0 is the first in a series of CPU coolers and is now available for pre-order via the company's Indiegogo campaign.
Unlike traditional heat sink/fan CPU coolers that continue to grow in size, the HEX 1.0 is built to meet today's high-performance computing needs in a much smaller form factor, which allows consumers to utilize enclosures ranging from mini-ITX to full size EATX towers. The Phononic CPU Cooler comes equipped with a dedicated control board that provides Variable Assist Cooling (VAC). Users can maximize thermal performance while minimizing the power and fan noise associated with increasing CPU load conditions. VAC combines a state-of-the-art Phononic heat pump with electronic control hardware and firmware that allows the CPU Cooler to respond to the changing load and ambient conditions.
Using highly reliable solid-state technology, the HEX 1.0 CPU Cooler meets or exceeds the thermal performance of closed-loop water coolers but without the concerns associated with water in the system.
"Our HEX 1.0 CPU Cooler packs more cooling performance for a given size than any other CPU cooler on the market," explained Ted Donnelly, director of Phononic's IT Cooling business. "With the addition of our Variable Assist Cooling (VAC), users can maximize the performance of their system, while at the same time managing the fan noise associated with higher load conditions."
The Phononic CPU Cooler technical specs include:
- Fan heat sink with integrated Phononic solid-state heat pump
- Integrated 80mm fan with fully enclosed blades
- Compatible with the latest high-performance Intel processors
- Tested to TDP levels greater than 175 W
- Dimensions: 4.3" x 3.5" x 3.5" (H x W x D)
"At the heart of every computer is a CPU whose performance is dictated by the chip design, the clock speed and processor cache. As users push the limits of their high-performance systems, they create thermal loads that require a reliable CPU cooling solution to deliver the necessary performance," said Michael Bruno, vice president and general manager of Phononic's Electronics Cooling business. "With the innovative use of our proprietary SilverCore solid-state technology, we're disrupting the high-performance CPU cooling market by offering a solution that will not only meet performance needs but provide an option for safer, smaller, more durable processor cooling."
The Phononic CPU Cooler is available for pre-order from Indiegogo with special perks for early adopters, including an opportunity to participate as an extension of the Phononic engineering development team, a chance to win a trip to Phononic's headquarters to participate in the final product launch, discounted prices and more. Check out all pre-order options on this page.
The Phononic CPU Cooler will be available for delivery in November 2015.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games is making ANOTHER multiplayer game
- FSP intro new SFX DAGGER PRO 650W and 550W PSUs
- Mario Maker 2 turns the Switch into a 3DS
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine beta sign-ups available
- Gearbox announce Penn & Teller troll VR game F.U.U.U & U
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Kensington SD2000p Nano USB-C Dock Review
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Minecraft notes a transcultural success in China with over 1.36 billion mod downloads
- Gearbox Raises The Curtain on Penn and Teller VR: Frankly Unfair, Unkind, Unnecessary & Underhanded, Launching June 27
- Turn-based RPG Fort Triumph receives major update, final version to come in Q1 2020 to PC and consoles
- Taiwan International Balloon Festival lifts off from Luye Highlands on June 29
- Save the Multiverse Today With the Xbox One Release of Double Cross