Phononic, the company revolutionizing cooling and heating with SilverCore solid-state technology, introduces a new and innovative, high-performance solid-state CPU Cooler. The Phononic model HEX 1.0 is the first in a series of CPU coolers and is now available for pre-order via the company's Indiegogo campaign.
Unlike traditional heat sink/fan CPU coolers that continue to grow in size, the HEX 1.0 is built to meet today's high-performance computing needs in a much smaller form factor, which allows consumers to utilize enclosures ranging from mini-ITX to full size EATX towers. The Phononic CPU Cooler comes equipped with a dedicated control board that provides Variable Assist Cooling (VAC). Users can maximize thermal performance while minimizing the power and fan noise associated with increasing CPU load conditions. VAC combines a state-of-the-art Phononic heat pump with electronic control hardware and firmware that allows the CPU Cooler to respond to the changing load and ambient conditions.
Using highly reliable solid-state technology, the HEX 1.0 CPU Cooler meets or exceeds the thermal performance of closed-loop water coolers but without the concerns associated with water in the system.
"Our HEX 1.0 CPU Cooler packs more cooling performance for a given size than any other CPU cooler on the market," explained Ted Donnelly, director of Phononic's IT Cooling business. "With the addition of our Variable Assist Cooling (VAC), users can maximize the performance of their system, while at the same time managing the fan noise associated with higher load conditions."
The Phononic CPU Cooler technical specs include:
- Fan heat sink with integrated Phononic solid-state heat pump
- Integrated 80mm fan with fully enclosed blades
- Compatible with the latest high-performance Intel processors
- Tested to TDP levels greater than 175 W
- Dimensions: 4.3" x 3.5" x 3.5" (H x W x D)
"At the heart of every computer is a CPU whose performance is dictated by the chip design, the clock speed and processor cache. As users push the limits of their high-performance systems, they create thermal loads that require a reliable CPU cooling solution to deliver the necessary performance," said Michael Bruno, vice president and general manager of Phononic's Electronics Cooling business. "With the innovative use of our proprietary SilverCore solid-state technology, we're disrupting the high-performance CPU cooling market by offering a solution that will not only meet performance needs but provide an option for safer, smaller, more durable processor cooling."
The Phononic CPU Cooler is available for pre-order from Indiegogo with special perks for early adopters, including an opportunity to participate as an extension of the Phononic engineering development team, a chance to win a trip to Phononic's headquarters to participate in the final product launch, discounted prices and more. Check out all pre-order options on this page.
The Phononic CPU Cooler will be available for delivery in November 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card