Toshiba Corporation today unveiled the new generation of BiCS FLASH, a three-dimensional (3D) stacked cell structure flash memory. The new device is the world's first 256-gigabit (32gigabytes) 48-layer BiCS device and also deploys industry-leading 3-bit-per-cell (triple-level cell, TLC) technology. Sample shipments will start in September.
BiCS FLASH is based on a leading-edge 48-layer stacking process that surpasses the capacity of mainstream two dimensional NAND Flash memory while enhancing write/erase reliability endurance and boosting write speeds. The new 256 Gb device is suited for diverse applications, including consumer SSD, smartphones, tablets and memory cards, and enterprise SSD for data centers.
Since announcing prototype BiCS FLASH technology in June 2007, Toshiba has continued development towards optimization for mass production. To meet further growth in the Flash memory market in 2016 and beyond, Toshiba is proactively promoting migration to BiCS FLASH by rolling out a product portfolio that emphasizes large capacity applications, such as SSD.
Toshiba has a long-standing commitment to flash memory, and is currently readying for mass production of BiCS FLASH in a new Fab2 at Yokkaichi Operations, its production site for NAND flash memories. Fab2 will be completed in the first half of 2016.
Latest News Posts
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!