Toshiba Corporation today unveiled the new generation of BiCS FLASH, a three-dimensional (3D) stacked cell structure flash memory. The new device is the world's first 256-gigabit (32gigabytes) 48-layer BiCS device and also deploys industry-leading 3-bit-per-cell (triple-level cell, TLC) technology. Sample shipments will start in September.
BiCS FLASH is based on a leading-edge 48-layer stacking process that surpasses the capacity of mainstream two dimensional NAND Flash memory while enhancing write/erase reliability endurance and boosting write speeds. The new 256 Gb device is suited for diverse applications, including consumer SSD, smartphones, tablets and memory cards, and enterprise SSD for data centers.
Since announcing prototype BiCS FLASH technology in June 2007, Toshiba has continued development towards optimization for mass production. To meet further growth in the Flash memory market in 2016 and beyond, Toshiba is proactively promoting migration to BiCS FLASH by rolling out a product portfolio that emphasizes large capacity applications, such as SSD.
Toshiba has a long-standing commitment to flash memory, and is currently readying for mass production of BiCS FLASH in a new Fab2 at Yokkaichi Operations, its production site for NAND flash memories. Fab2 will be completed in the first half of 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam